Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Unwritten. By: Osmara Vindel





I remember first listening to Nastasha Bedingfield's song "Unwritten" right as I moved to London UK, back in 2005. Freshly graduated from college, I was naive, eager, and a true dreamer. My biggest dream then? Get into the advertising world. More specifically the account management side of it. I was consumed with studying the biggest advertising firms in town, learning as much as I could about their structure, their clients, their work, the job description, you name it.

And as I would take
the "Tube" or underground metro system to each interview, I'd plug in my ipod, and drift away... "Unwritten" was my dream song. After so much effort, I was offered two great advertising jobs simultaneously, only to be turned down later because of my "Non-European" citizenship. I was told it was too lengthy of a process to issue a work permit - it would take a lot of money and a few months to get things squared away; naturally - it was not in the company's best interest to go down this route. I was crushed. I saw my dream fade from my sight... not knowing what I now know, I simply gave up and made up a victim-mentality story about how "hard" it was to find my dream job in London.

This song always pulled me through... and I had not heard it in quite a while until today. Today, it took on a new meaning. I now have a completely different career - and all I can say is - thank you Universe for closing that door for me!!!

I
LOVE what I do, and feel like I've truly found my passion and my life purpose.

So here are the lyrics to the song - let them soak in - and see what meaning they hold for you:

I am unwritten. Can’t read my mind. I’m undefined. I’m just beginning the plans in my head ending unplanned. Staring at the blank page before you, looking out the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you cannot find, reaching for something in the distance so close you can almost taste it – release your inhibitions, feel the rain on your skin… no one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in, no one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips… drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms with open, TODAY is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten… I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines…We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way…

We are the originators of our experience. Period. It's not our partners, family, boss, or anything else outside of us. The canvas is blank - and we fill it in with color. If we firmly believe that the Universe/God/Christ/Buddha/Source/ ______ (fill in the blank with whatever you are comfortable with) is working with us to create what we want, and if we believe that this Universe is 100% abundant - the canvas changes, as does the lens through which we view it.

I know this is hard to believe and feel when we're focused on the "OUT THERE": the tangible world where we see lack, limitation, sadness, competition, and self loathing. But this miopic view of our reality is really just a thin veil - that when pierced changes everything... Believe you me, I've been there more times than I'd like to count!

What would it be like to view your life through different eyes? Where has your focus been? "I don't have enough money", "I'm so broke", "I hate my fat, ugly body", "My partner never appreciates me", "I'm such a ditz", "I hate my job", "Growing my business is tough in this economy", "Finding paying clients is so hard","Things will never change"...

Well, hate to break it to you but - you're right.

"WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN OR YOU CAN'T - EITHER WAY YOU ARE RIGHT"

How can you start to tell a different story? I mean, you're stuck in this life and in your body for now, might as well tell a story worth telling right? Just remember your life is what you make of it.... nothing, NOOOOOTHIIIIIING is inherently good or bad - it's your perception that labels it so.

The point is this: Go for it. Try. Fail. Mess up. Learn. Try again... Think outside of the box... be willing to be daring. Move opposite of the herd.

Whatever your deep desire is, whatever your life and business visions are - NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM HAPPEN FOR YOU. You, and you alone are the captain of your vessel. So what are you waiting for?

If you want this new year to be any different/better than this present one - you've got to change the way you think/act/feel... Remember, you cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that created it. Those are not my words - they're Einstein's words... he's got some pretty big clout if you ask me.

Change is the operative word for 2010... live by it... hug it. Change is your ally, and remember - a goal that stretches you, make your fears surface, and shakes you up is a WORTHY goal indeed!

DARE TO BE STRETCHED IN 2010!

If you're serious about shifting your life and/or business, and want a personal coach by your side to aid you in that shift, then email me at: osmara@padmacoaching.com or call me at: 786.291.2945 and I'll be your biggest ally.

Envision.Materialize.Glow,

O.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this post. Very inspiring, from beginning to end. Understanding the basic notion that "no problem is going to be caused by the same consciousness that caused it" is already such a big step towards our growth and understanding. Our future is (must be) indeed, unwritten.

    PS. I'm gonna have to check out that song right now. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete